The Houston Texans players will be wearing cleats this weekend as part of the NFL’s annual “My Cause, My Cleats” initiative. The campaign, now in its third year, allows players to represent charitable causes of their choice with pre-approved custom cleat designs to wear during games over the three-week period. According to the NFL, more than 800 players are planning to showcase their causes this year.
Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson’s cleats for a cause are powder blue and support the Jessie Rees Foundation. The cleats were unveiled on Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018, in Houston.
“I’ve been involved in this since high school through Nike,” said Watson, whose mother is a cancer survivor, “It’s big for me.”
Watson’s cleats are powder-blue with Jessie’s , ‘Never Ever Give Up,’ motto on the side. How cool! Thank you Deshaun for supporting the Jessie Rees Foundation!
- Courageous Kid Cade interviews Matt Koerner July 31, 2020
- Helpful Resources for Courageous Families July 15, 2020
- Spreading Joy to Hospitals Virtually! July 7, 2020
- 8 years of spreading joy with Kaitlin Sandeno Hogan July 1, 2020
- Jessie’s 21st Birthday Recap June 25, 2020