Did you know that every day 46 kids are diagnosed with cancer? That means 25,000 kids around the world will hear the words “you have cancer” just this month.
Its time to take action and help CARE for kids fighting cancer around the world with the Jessie Rees Foundation.
Here are 11 ways you can help care for and encourage kids with cancer to Never Ever Give Up:
- GIVE! Your generous gift will support the very best care and encouragement for kids fighting cancer.
- Join the JoySquad Help spread JOY monthly to children fighting cancer. The JoySquad is made up of generous and compassionate people who graciously support Jessie’s JoyJars on a monthly basis. Each member selects how many JoyJars they wish to sponsor each month. Then the JoyFactory stuffs and sends each one to a courageous child fighting cancer. In addition, JoySquad members receive monthly updates and exclusive JoySquad resources of the Courageous Kids they are caring for!
- Host JoyDrives throughout the year Hosting a JoyDrive with your fellow classmates or coworkers is a great opportunity to collect those special toys that are put into JoyJars. When you commit to hosting a JoyDrive, we provide you with a list of hospital-approved toys and some basic instructions. Whether you want to collect one item, like Crayola Crayons or a variety of toys, it’s up to you!
- Host a Courageous Cupcake Stand Hosting a Courageous Cupcakes Stand is a fun and easy way to raise more resources for kids fighting cancer. A cupcake stand can compliment just about any event and activity, and who doesn’t love a cupcake! When you sign up to host a Courageous Cupcakes Stand, you receive a mini cupcake prep kit which gives you all the tools you need to host a successful fundraiser.
- Hold a Compassion Change drive Did you know that a 16oz water bottle filled with dimes is equivalent to $100? By hosting a Compassionate Change Drive, you simply collect dimes and fill empty 16oz water bottles with them. Each water bottle filled with dimes sends 4 of Jessie’s JoyJars to Courageous Kids! Compassion Change Drives are great for schools, clubs and any group of people simply wanting to collect loose change to help spread JOY to children fighting cancer.
- Volunteer! Sign up today and help us SPREAD joy around the world. We really appreciate your desire to use your time and talents to help kids fighting cancer NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
- Brave Beanies! In honor of Jessie and her desire to help spread JOY and give comfort to kids fighting cancer, we are looking for people who love to knit, sew, crochet or loom to help make Brave Beanies for Jessie’s JoyJars. You can make one or grab a group of friends and make 100, as each beanie will provide lots of comfort to children fighting cancer!
- Attend the Gala: A Celebration of Courageous Smiles March 16, 2019
- Santa Stroll with us during the Holidays!
- DONATE! $25 sends a Courageous Kid fighting cancer a JoyJar® and the encouragement to NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
- Let’s stay in touch! Sign up for our emails and get childhood cancer stories, NEGU News, event information and important updates delivered right to your inbox.
… the possibilities are endless! visit jessie.org/get-involved now!